It’s been a while, (crocodile). Funny how, with a deadline looming for a travel piece I should be polishing and submitting, I suddenly had an urge to check in on my little blog and do an update.
It’s been over a year since the last post. But, today my friend, I have decided to make it more frequent. Or, at least try.
Far from laziness, I have actually been pretty busy: travelling, eating, discovering, drinking, cooking, all in the name of work (and at the detriment of this lowly URL).
Some highlights since I last checked in:
- Ziplining through the rainforest in Antigua.
- Stomping warm, squishy grapes at a vineyard in the Douro Valley.
- Slurping oysters and cheap white wine in Uzes.
- A 30km cycle ride through the beautiful hamlets and vineyards surrounding Baron (the same Provence trip as said oysters).
- Drinking cocktails in a launderette-turned-speakeasy in Downtown Las Vegas.
- Discovering my beloved birthplace Penzance through the eyes of a tourist and falling in love all over again.
- Cooking my way through some delicious cookbook releases from the last year: Palestine on a Plate (Joudie Kalla), Saffron Soul (Mira Manek) and London: The Cookbook (Cara Frost-Sharratt), are among the highlights. I’ll share some of that here soon.
Oh and, I’m now (albeit temporarily and on a small scale) the face of Bird’s Eye Fish Fingers, after winning the inaugural Fish Finger Sandwich Awards in February, 2017. Take a look in the freezer aisle :).
So, you see, all very good excuses for not being here.
See you soon x
P.s. find me on Instagram for a regular update on all things delicious (and the occasional kitten pic): @gabrielle_sander